Maintenance Customer Service Representative
West Warwick, RI
Maintenance Customer Service Representative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Answer multi-line phones and route to appropriate person.
- Perform administrative job functions such as data entry, filing, faxing, TMT data entry, assisting auto haulers and clients, mailings, Fed-X labels, typing documents, data entry in multiple systems as needed or required and assisting other members of the Maintenance team as needed.
- Perform the daily duties of routine preventative and scheduled maintenance or repairs.
- Timely follow up with vendors, dispatch, Maintenance department and auto haulers.
- Work directly with auto haulers and dispatch to maintain routine maintenance schedules.
- Coordinate with repair facilities to ensure needed service(s) can be completed in a timely manner and actively minimize down time of auto haulers.
- Review maintenance invoices to ensure accuracy, confirm all requested services were completed and approve for payment.
- If any repairs are not completed, make notes for follow up.
- Ensure follow up repairs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Complete entry of vehicle repairs and work orders pertaining to preventative/scheduled maintenance into TMT.
- Communicate with other members of the Maintenance department to best utilize down time.
- Daily Reports:
- Acquire needed information and send to the appropriate person – breakdown, routine maintenance, incident or accident reports – Complete and send by 9 am (10 am on Mondays)
- Preventative/scheduled maintenance due for the following day – to be sent to Maintenance team and dispatch by 4:00 pm.
- Report any inquiries and/or complaints from auto haulers in regard to repair facilities to the Assistant Director of Maintenance – as needed.
- Weekly Reports (due by 3:00 pm on Friday – week will run Saturday to Friday):
- List of outstanding repairs needed due to incident or accident.
- Preventative/scheduled maintenance due for the following week, including any outstanding follow up repairs needed – to be sent to Maintenance team and Dispatch by 4:00 pm on Friday.
- Completed services from the previous week – to be completed and sent to Assistant Director of Maintenance by 4:00 pm on Monday.
- Approved down time for previous week due to delay in service being completed – to be completed and sent to Assistant Director of Maintenance by 4:00 pm on Monday.
- Warranty Recovery – Assistant Director of Maintenance to be copied on all submissions.
- Supplemental claims – new repair performed outside warranty facility
- Repetitive repairs or parts – same repair performed, or same part used in same location.
- Claims submitted due to poor service.
- Daily Reports:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Two years’ experience in a front office position.
- Customer service telephone experience.
- Experience in logistics and dispatch, preferably within auto hauling distribution, a plus.
- Knowledge of DOT compliance, laws, rules, regulations and safety is helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of TMT and PeopleNet a plus.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and completion in preparing and entering information.
- Attention to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with dispatch team and auto haulers.
- Possess effective verbal and listening skills.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing essential duties. Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions and stressed dispatchers and drivers.
- Work may require more than 40 hours per week.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit/stand for most of his/her job duties. There is the need to frequently walk. There will be a moderate amount of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting and reaching for some of his/her job duties.
- Visual requirements include reading off a computer screen as well as printed materials. A high degree of dexterity is required due to frequent use of a telephone console.
- Verbal and auditory requirements include the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone as well as in person.
- There is a moderate level of grasping, lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects of less than 25 lbs.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a reasonable requirement of the position. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
mobile diesel technician
Ready to apply for a Maintenance Customer Service Representative Job with Us?
Virginia Transportation Corporation is a family of dedicated auto hauling specialists who work together constantly towards the common goal of being the best auto hauling company on the road. Our vision of growth is driven by our will to provide our employees with career opportunities and stability. Because we recognize the value our people bring to the company, we believe in fostering and developing talent, embracing all contributions, and empowering our employees to take action in their careers.
Apply today for a Maintenance Customer Service Representative Job with us!