Wash Bay & Detail Shop Attendant Jobs
West Warwick, RI
Description: Wash Bay & Detail Shop Attendant Jobs
JOB TITLE: Wash Bay & Detail Shop Attendant
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
SUMMARY: Performs cleaning and detailing of trucks as well as general shop upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Clean equipment including detailing of interiors.
- Polish wheels and fuel tanks.
- Secure hydraulic lines.
- Top off all fluids, replace wipers and clean windows.
- Clean and organize shop vehicles and equipment.
- Minor touch up body painting.
- General shop upkeep.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Mechanical skills acquired through technical trade school or past experience is preferred.
- Computer literate. Microsoft, Outlook and Excel a plus.
- Attention to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with dispatch team and auto haulers.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and with customers.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit/stand for most of his/her job duties.
- There is the need to frequently walk and sit. There will be a great deal of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting and reaching for some of his/her job duties.
- This position is expected to climb steps, ladders, and maneuver through narrow spaces like the cab of a tractor trailer and auto hauler trailer decks. The job requires working out in the elements 90% (+/-) of the time, this includes wet floors, changing temperatures, and slippery conditions.
- Visual requirements include reading off a computer screen as well as printed materials.
- A high degree of dexterity is required due to frequent use of a telephone console.
- Verbal and auditory requirements include the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone as well as in person.
- There is a moderate level of grasping, lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects of more than 25 lbs.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a reasonable requirement of the position. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Benefits of Careers with the VTC Family
We believe that in order to deliver great service to our customers, we first need to take great care of our employees, so we build strong relationships with all our team members and their safety always comes first. We also take pride in the quality of our fleet and in our ability to manage it flawlessly. Our commitment to collaboration, quality, and safety is what sets us apart.
As one of the nation’s leading Auto Hauling companies, Virginia Transportation Corporation is proud to offer:
Free or Reduced Health Care Coverage
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Mentor & Peer Group Resources
Referral Bonus Options
Paid Sick, Personal & Vacation Time
$150 Incentive Gift On Your Birthday
Company Paid Short Term Disability
401k With Company Match
Company Paid Life Insurance
Modern In-Truck Technology
Top Notch Communication & Support
Family Like Atmosphere
And Much, Much More!
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Ready to Apply?
Get in touch with our team of hiring experts by filling out the form below.